A well-manicured garden will elevate the overall appearance of your property especially when it’s a lush and emerald-green lawn. Other than its visual aesthetics, the lawn is considered as one of the most important areas in your residence since it also serves as a guest’s lounge or children’s playground.
However, lawn care requires dedication and a deep wallet of cash. Additionally, when you want to achieve a lush and polished green lawn, it takes more than regular mowing and physical effort. But, with the emergence of advanced technology, owning a fancy and manicured lawn is possible even without spending all of your savings. Technology can now allow you to choose between artificial turf over natural grass.
But, the real questions are, what are the differences between them and which one is better? NS Landscaping will help you decide which suits your lawn better.
Natural Grass or Artificial Turf: Which one is best for your lawn?
Whether you choose natural grass or artificial turf, both type of grass can either help or hurt the environment. Moreover, NS Landscaping is here to help you weigh your options. Find out which has the most beneficial factors that you can take advantage of while keeping the surrounding environment safe and healthy.
Artificial grass is composed of synthetic fibres to make it nearly similar to natural grass. It has a lifespan that lasts up to 25 years and it’s originally manufactured for sporting surfaces. Due to its practical and eco-friendly benefits, its popularity extended to lawn and other landscaping services. But, let us also consider that not all synthetic grass is created equal. Learn what are the advantages and disadvantages of artificial grass and find out what works for you.
Benefits with artificial grass
- Eco-friendly. Artificial grass requires less to no water and without sacrificing aesthetic standards. It’s not only budget-friendly but it’s also eco-friendly
- Low maintenance. Artificial grass doesn’t require regular edging, fertilising and mowing thus saves you a lot of money. All you need to do is remove any debris regularly to keep its pristine condition.
- Non-allergenic. Synthetic turf is good for people suffering from insect or grass allergies.
- No chemical residues. Unlike natural grass, you don’t need chemicals and pesticides with artificial grass.
- Child and pet-friendly. Synthetic grass is free from pesticides and other chemicals.
- Durable. Since it’s made up similar to a carpet, the latex keeps it from pet and moles digging through it.
Disadvantages with artificial grass
- Artificial grass holds more heat than natural grass.
- Synthetic grass melts under intense heat
- There are certain types of infill that build-up odour if left unattended which will fester later on.
- One of the most common concerns with synthetic grass is the toxic run-off which is potentially harmful to pets, your family or the environment.
- Artificial grass costs quite a bit higher over the natural seeded lawn
- Discourage local wildlife and can’t be recycled
Keeping your natural grass well-manicured takes a lot of persistence and time since it requires regular upkeep such as edging, mowing, watering, etc. Also, you need to provide nutrients to your natural grass to keep its lush and emerald-green condition. Despite its numerous concerns regarding the cost in maintenance, natural grass has exceptional benefits that far exceeded the artificial grass.
Benefits with natural grass
- Environmental impact. Natural grass contributes to our ecosystem by filtering pollution, supplying oxygen and absorbs heat.
- Purifies the air. A natural grass improves the quality of air by breaking down airborne pollutants in the soil.
- Easy installation and less expensive. You can even grow it yourself without the help of an expert.
Disadvantages with natural grass
- Not as durable as the artificial grass
- Requires a lot of effort when it comes to lawn care and maintenance such as fertilising, edging, mowing, etc.
- Regular maintenance can be expensive such as watering
Trusted Lawn Care Service Provider in Sydney
Keep your emerald-green lawn polished, vibrant and healthy at all times. Entrust the overall lawn maintenance to a reliable expert of lawn care services provider in NSW. NS Landscaping provides solutions to all your landscaping services need whether it’s natural or artificial grass, we can give you the best and affordable lawn care solutions. Connect with our friendly staff and we will help you all throughout the process.
NS Landscaping provides a range of residential garden services, tree lopping and landscaping services in Sydney. Call us today at 0412 614 133 and get your lawn well-manicured by NS Landscaping in Sydney. We guarantee you topnotch and quality workmanship from our team of a skilled arborist in Sydney.